I’m not a big fan of New Year’s resolutions. I set intentions for the year instead. I’ve found that it’s a more powerful way to go about making permanent changes in your life, and intentions tend to “stick” better than resolutions, at least for me. However, Allegra and Ruby have been discussing their New Year’s resolutions these last few days, and they’d like me to share their top 3 resolutions with you.
Allegra’s New Year’s Resolutions
- I will help Mom with her daily exercises.
- I will try to get to Mom’s lap before Ruby, since Ruby doesn’t let me on Mom’s lap if she gets there first.
- I will try not to hover over Ruby and stare at her until she wakes up when she’s sleeping in her bed in Mom’s office.
Ruby’s New Year’s Resolutions
- I will try to let Allegra share Mom’s lap and not get all huffy about it.
- I will help Mom work so she can spend less time at the computer and more time with us. You can read my full job description here.
- I will figure out how to get more tuna!
What New Year’s resolutions did your kitties make?
OMG, she’s so cute.
Get dinner early by fighting with Hoagie
Find all the puff balls he’s hidden in the house (just yesterday he pulled out an old purple one that I swore was in our old house)
Get the seat on mom’s lap while she’s on the toilet
Get dinner early by fighting with Lando
Learn to stay IN the house when people come over (this is more of a mom-hope than a Hoagie resolution)
Get the window seat in the bathroom when mom is in there
Happy New Year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!! GIRLS, YOU ARE A BLESSING TO MOM! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. MY KITTIES DO NOT DO RESOLUTIONS, THEY JUST DEMAND FOR MORE FOOD!!
SapphoLily’s 2019 Intentions
SapphoLily the Deer/Garden/Patio Cat
1 Continue to enjoy the safety & comfort of my adopted humans’ patio
2 Give & Receive cat smoochies
Athena’s 2019 Intentions:
1Train my newly adopted humans
2 Embrace Soft Surfaces (i.e, avoid countertops)
3 Train my newly adopted humans
My three cats worked together on their resolutions;
* Share the bay window and other comfortable places instead of one of us hoarding it
* Play each other without biting or otherwise being mean
* Coax Mom together for playtime so she takes more breaks from work to be with us
Good luck, girls! Managing humans is soooo hard! Happy New Year to you and your human!
Happy New Year!
Happy 2019! We kitties here don’t do resolutions, especially Binga! She has resolutions for everyone else!
And isn’t that just like a tortie! Happy New Year to you, Bodhi, Binga and your human!